Conference on European Private International Law, 14 – 16 May 2020
Since the entry into force of the Treaty of Amsterdam in 1999, the European Union has adopted an impressive number of regulations in the field of Private International Law. As a result, Private International Law has gradually become a truly European discipline. However, a truly pan-European forum to discuss issues of European Private International Law is still missing. Following a conference in Berlin in 2018, a group of Private International Law scholars from all over Europe, therefore, decided to establish a European Association of Private International Law (EAPIL).
The Association will be founded in 2019 and its founding celebrated at a conference to be held at Aarhus University, Denmark, from 14 to 16 May 2020. The conference will bring together academics and practitioners from all over Europe and provide a unique opportunity to talk and think about European Private International Law in a pan-European fashion. Topics to be discussed will include the effects and the challenges of digitalization, the problems of fragmentation as well as other challenges the discipline is currently facing.
Confirmed speakers are:
- Marie-Élodie Ancel (Université Paris-Est Créteil)
- Francisco Garcimartín-Alférez (Autonomous University of Madrid)
- Burkhard Hess (Max Planck Institute Luxemburg)
- Thalia Kruger (University of Antwerp)
- Matthias Lehmann (University of Bonn)
- Ralf Michaels (Max Planck Institute Hamburg)
- Peter Arnt Nielsen (Copenhagen Business School)
- Haris Pamboukis (University of Athens)
- Gian Paolo Romano (University of Geneva)
- Marta Pertegás Sender (University of Maastricht)
- Maciej Szpunar (Court of Justice of the European Union)
- Andreas Stein (European Commission)
- Christiane Wendehorst (University of Vienna)
If you are interested in attending, please register via the conference website (http://law.au.dk/forskning/konferencer/eapil2020/). For any other questions, please get in touch with the local organizer, Morten M. Fogt (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You have two registration options – either early bird registration before 15 November 2019 at a price of DKK600 (Euro 80) or registration after 15 November 2019 at a price of DKK750 (Euro 100). Furthermore, you are very welcome to sign up for the conference dinner at a price of DKK375 (Euro 50).
Information about the European Association of Private International Law (EAPIL) including information about how to join will soon be made available.
Further Information here