One Position as University Assistant without doctorate
At the University of Graz, researchers and students work across a broad disciplinary spectrum to enlarge our knowledge, and find strategies to deal with challenges our society is confronted with and to shape tomorrow’s world. The University of Graz is a place which combines high quality academic research and teaching, where achievement is rewarded, careers are promoted, and social diversity is encouraged – all within a modern, award-winning working environment. Our motto: We work for tomorrow. Join us!
The Institute of International Law and International Relations is looking for a
University Assistant without doctorate
(30 hours a week; fixed-term employment for the period of 4 years; position to be filled as of April 6th 2021 )
- Independent research
- Preparation of and collaboration in research activities and research projects
- Independent Teaching
- Collaboration in preparing and conducting courses and in correcting exams
- Providing support to students
- Assistance in the supervision of diploma and master theses
- Organisational and administrative tasks
- Completion of the diploma studies of law
- Excellent knowledge of international law
- Excellent analytical and writing ability
- Excellent command of German and English (both written and spoken)
- Relevant practical experience in research and teaching (desirable)
- Experience in third-party funded projects (desirable)
- Education or practical experience abroad (desirable)
- Good computer skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Social competence
- Organisational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Academic interest
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 2196.80 gross/month. This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Application Deadline: October 21st 2020
Reference Number: MB/247/99 ex 2019/20
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
Especially with regard to academic staff, we welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the requirements of the advertised position.
If you are interested, please submit your application documents (CV, certificates, etc.) before the stated deadline. Make sure to indicate the reference number on your application to:
INFORMATION: Shortlisted candidates to be interviewed on 09.11.2020.
Shortlisted candidates will be requested to submit an example of their written work in advance per E-Mail.