One position as Full Professor in Public International Law (full-time)
The College of Law at PMU invites applications for faculty positions starting Fall semester at the rank of Full Professor in Public International Law. Applicants should have earned the academic rank based on a distinguished academic record of scholarly research and service from a reputable university.
- Carry out the duties of the position in accordance with College values and standards and in line with College policies and procedures, upholding high professional standards and leading by example.
- Work with our students as members of a learning community to provide world-class education and an excellent student experience.
- Integrate the College value of inclusiveness into all appropriate aspects of the job, respecting the dignity and diversity of all members of the College community and of visitors to the College.
- Promote the values of collegiality within the College community.
- Contribute at an appropriate level to school and faculty policy and practice in teaching and research.
- Play a significant role in the design, development, and planning of courses and programs within the subject area as required.
- Play a significant role in the review of courses and programs and in assessment, quality assurance, and quality enhancement as required.
- Develop innovative approaches to learning and teaching as appropriate.
- Provide timely feedback and assessment of coursework and examinations.
- Provide general support and guidance to students, resolving issues and/or referring to specialist parties, where appropriate.
- Supervise postgraduate students (when a postgraduate program in law is launched).
For this position, the College of Law seeks bilingual candidates who have record of scholarly publications in reputable journals and can teach a variety of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in addition to continuing legal research published in indexed academic journals. Candidates must provide a procedural letter of promotion to the rank of full professor. In addition to teaching, selected faculty member/s will be required to produce scholarly research and publish it in indexed academic journals according to the relevant rules and policies of the university and will be involved in academic advising, curriculum development, preparing courses syllabi, planning in-class team activities, constructing student assessments, preparing examinations, keeping grade records, holding regular office hours and other standard, non-teaching duties such as institutional and professional services.
Job Number: 19000042