One Position as Researcher / Global Justice Clinic Coordinator (75-100%)
At the Faculty of State Sciences of the University of Erfurt, Professorship of International Administrative Law and Public International Law, the following position with 30 to 40 working hours per week is available as of April 1st, 2024:
Researcher / Global Justice Clinic Coordinator (pre- or postdoc) (f/m/d)
Pay category 13 TV-L (75 %-100 %)
Area of Responsibility
- Coordination of clinic courses, cooperation with clinic partners and clinic networking activities of the Global Justice Clinic in the context of the third-party funded project “Clinical Legal Education in Global Justice”, funded by the Foundation for Innovation in Higher Education
- Research assistance related to the Clinic project
- Collaboration in the conceptualisation of clinical teaching modules and their (re-)accreditation in new regulations
- Support and independent teaching of courses in the Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs (2 contact hours per week per semester)
- Support and advice for students
- administrative tasks in the third-party funded project
What we expect
- completed academic university degree with an above-average grade (state examina- tion, Master’s, Diplom, Magister) in the field of law or in a degree program related to law
- Knowledge of International Law, Human Rights Protection, German Law
- fluent written and spoken German and English
- genuine interest in working for global justice
- Ability to work in a team, communication skills, international and intercultural openness
- Motivation and ability to work independently
Desirable, but not essential:
- Focus of studies, and/or work experience, in the field of human rights protection, environmental protection, legal mobilization and/or strategic litigation
- relevant teaching experience
- Experience with clinic projects or transfer projects at the interface of research, teaching and practice
- ongoing or successfully completed doctorate in law or in a subject related to global justice
- Experience with research management and project management
- didactic expertise
- Experience with, or interest in, designing study programs
What we offer
The University of Erfurt promotes the compatibility of career and family/private life. To this end, it offers flexible working hours and various opportunities for further training. In addi- tion, there are a number of health and prevention offers as part of the company health management.
The position offers the opportunity to play a key role in shaping an innovative project at the interface between research, teaching and practice transfer, and to gain insights into various career paths. It is therefore suitable for applicants from practice with an interest in research and teaching as well as for doctoral students or postdocs in professional orientation phases. Upon agreement, there are opportunities for further qualification in the academic field (doctorate/habilitation) or in science and project management and in higher education didactics (coaching, further training).
Information on the clinic can be found on the professorship’s website at https://www.uni- erfurt.de/staatswissenschaftliche-fakultaet/fachrichtung/rechtswissenschaft/internationales-verwaltungsrecht-und-voelkerrecht/projekte/global-justice-clinic.
Questions about the position should be e-mailed directly to email@example.com.
The German version of this job advertisement alone shall be legally binding.
The position is limited to the project duration of 2 years. The advertisement is addressed to applicants who fulfill the requirements of the German Act on Temporary Scientific Contracts (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz). The general requirements for employment according to § 91 section 5 Thuringian Higher Education Act (Thüringer Hochschulgesetz) apply.
The weekly working hours will be between 75 % to 100 % of a full position (30-40hrs), depending on professional qualifications, practical experience and the status of a possible doctoral project (ongoing/completed).
If you have a foreign university degree, it is necessary that you apply for a certificate application at the Central Office for Foreign Education (Zentralstelle für ausländisches Bildungswesen, ZAB). We recommend that you attach the corresponding certificate to your application documents, but you can also provide this certificate at a later stage of the process. Please note that this is a chargeable service provided by the ZAB. For more information, please visit www.kmk.org/zab/zeugnisbewertung.
The University of Erfurt is committed to diversity and gender equality. It has been audited as a “family-friendly university” and has received the rating “equality excellent” in the female professor programme. One of the university’s strategic goals is increasing the proportion of women in research and teaching. Severely disabled persons and those with equal status are given preference in the case of equal suitability, professional performance, and ability.
Please send your application with informative documents (letter of motivation, CV, copies of certificates, if applicable a list of publications and taught courses) exclusively online by February 18th, 2024 via the application management system of the University of Erfurt.
Reimbursement of Expenses
The costs incurred by the application are not covered by the University of Erfurt.
The job advertisement in German can be found here.