Alle Events anzeigen
Democracies out of sync? On checks and balances in EU member states
Heidelberger Salon digital
14:00 -16:00 Uhr
A book launch conversation to mark the publication of “Defending Checks and Balances in EU Member States. Taking Stock of Europe’s Actions” (edited by Armin von Bogdandy, Piotr Bogdanowicz, Iris Canor, Christoph Grabenwarter, Maciej Taborowski, Matthias Schmidt, Springer 2021).
- Dr Adam Bodnar, Commissioner for Human Rights, Warsaw
- Professor Armin von Bogdandy, Director, Max Planck Institute for Comparative Public Law and International Law, Heidelberg, and Professor, University of Frankfurt
- Professor Piotr Bogdanowicz, University of Warsaw
- Professor András Jakab, University of Salzburg
- Professor Justyna Łacny, Warsaw University of Technology
- Professor Joseph Weiler, European Union Jean Monnet Chair at New York University Law School, and Senior Fellow of the Minda de Gunzburg Center for European Studies, Harvard
Moderated by Alexandra Kemmerer, Senior Research Fellow and Head of Berlin Office, Max Planck Institute for Comparative Public Law and International Law.
In cooperation with re:constitution and Rzecznik Praw Obywatelskich.
The event will be livestreamed via Verfassungsblog and Völkerrechtsblog. For active participation, please register until 24 February 2021 at email@example.com.
The book is available open access: https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007%2F978-3-662-62317-6
Max Planck Institute for Comparative Public Law and International Law