GLC-SPIL International Law Journal Volume III
Students for the Promotion of International Law (SPIL), Government Law College, Mumbai is pleased to announce a Call for Papers for GLC – SPIL International Law Journal Volume III.
About GLC, Mumbai
Government Law College enjoys the distinction of being the oldest law school in Asia and has, since its inception in 1855, essayed a seminal role in the evolution of the legal and judicial landscape of India. Government Law College, with its illustrious history and a heritage spanning over a century and a half, has nurtured some of the greatest minds of today, not only in the field of law but in various other walks of life. The generations of distinguished legal luminaries who have been nurtured by this unique institution, have made a seminal contribution globally, to the evolution of the legal fraternity.
About SPIL, Mumbai
In an increasingly integrated world with growing trans-national interactions, the significance of International Law has never been greater. We, at SPIL Mumbai, strive towards taking legal studies to an empirical level and promoting law as an area of enquiry and study far beyond the realms of classrooms. This student-based organization of Government Law College, Mumbai has successfully organized several events, including a lecture on the working of the International Criminal Court by Professor William Burke White of the University of Pennsylvania, a Model United Nations – Student Exchange Program with students of the School of International Relations, Tehran, and the Government Law College International Law Summit- which is held annually. SPIL, Mumbai also regularly organizes workshops on the basics of International Law, which have an overwhelming response from law students across colleges and holds various competitions, guest lectures, workshops and publishes an International Law Journal.
The GLC–SPIL International Law Journal (ILJ) is published by the Students for Promotion of International Law (SPIL), Mumbai which is a student body that cynosures International Law.
Submissions are invited on any topic of contemporary relevance in the area of International Law.
Categories and Word Limit
Submissions may be in the form of the following categories –
- Articles: Papers that comprehensively analyze a theme and engage with all the existing literature in it. An article should be in between 6000 and 10000 words exclusive of footnotes.
- Essays: Papers that concisely analyze specific contemporary issues in the field of international law. It should be between 4000 and 6000 words exclusive of footnotes.
- Case Notes and/or Legislative Commentaries: Notes and commentaries must discuss or critique a recent judgment, landmark case or any recent legislation or bill before Parliament or State legislature. It should be between 1500 and 3000 words exclusive of footnotes.
- Abstract Word Limit: 200 words
- Authorship: Allowed up to 2 authors
- Method of Citation: The GLC – SPIL International Law Journal follows ‘Harvard Bluebook 20th Edition’ style of referencing.
- The body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman size 12 with 1.5 line spacing and Justified Alignment. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman size 10 with single line spacing.
Original submissions are invited from undergraduate and post graduate students, industry practitioners, academicians, and research scholars.
Submissions: In electronic form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Heading: ‘ILJ Vol. III Submission:
All manuscripts must be accompanied by a covering letter with the name(s) of the author(s), institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript and relevant contact information.
The last date for submission of ‘GLC – SPIL ILJ Volume III’ of the International Law Journal is 15th February, 2023. Submissions sent after the deadline will not be considered for publication.
For further details, kindly refer to this link.
Any correspondence, queries or additional requests for information should be sent to:
Darshni Kapadia- +91 7620759318
Find the details of submission guidelines at our website www.spilmumbai.org