Summer School on The Law and Practice of International Dispute Settlement
The Amsterdam Center for International Law (ACIL) of the University of Amsterdam and the T.M.C. Asser Instituut are pleased to announce the launch of the Summer Programme on ‘The Law and Practice of International Dispute Settlement’. The programme will explore both pressing and perennial issues in international adjudication and dispute settlement, from the combined perspectives of practice and public interests. We will critically examine together how processes of dispute settlement are structured, and how different mechanisms of dispute settlement compare. We will also consider the practical constraints that lawyers and judges encounter at all levels of the international adjudicatory process. We will in addition take a step back, to query how the thriving practice of international courts and tribunals may be understood and assessed.
The programme will be delivered by:
- Prof. Dr Laurence Boisson de Chazournes (University of Geneva)
- Prof. Dr Armin von Bogdandy (Max Planck Institute Heidelberg)
- Prof. Dr Hélène Ruiz Fabri (Max Planck Institute Luxembourg)
- Prof. Dr Maxi Scherer (Queen Mary University; Wilmer Cutler Pickering & Hale)
- Prof. Dr Stephan Schill (ACIL, University of Amsterdam)
- Prof. Mr Winfried van den Muijsenbergh (AKD)
- Prof. Dr Olivier Corten (Université Libre de Bruxelles)
- Dr Ingo Venzke (ACIL, University of Amsterdam)
- Dr Geoff Gordon (Asser Institute)
Our summer school is designed for PhD students; other scholars and students interested in the field; members of diplomatic staffs; private and public practitioners in the field of international dispute settlement; experts and other professionals interested in the field; and members of related research and practice centres.
To register for the summer school, please fill out the form at: www.asser.nl/IDS2017
The deadline for application is 18 June 2017.
More information here.