Conference: Protection of Foreign Investments in Europe – Perspectives & Solutions, International Investment Law Centre Cologne, 5th July 2018.
On 5 July 2018, the International Investment Law Centre Cologne (IILCC) will hold a conference on “Protection of Foreign Investments in Europe – Perspectives & Solutions”.
The Achmea judgment by which the Court of Justice of the European Union declared the arbitration clause of the Netherlands-Slovakia bilateral investment treaty to be incompatible with European law has led to many unanswered questions. Against this background, the International Investment Law Centre Cologne (IILCC) is pleased to invite academics, practitioners and students to join us for a discussion on the consequences deriving from Achmea for bilateral investment treaties between EU member states (“Intra-EU BITs”), pending arbitration cases and the future of international investment protection in Europe.
– Prof. Dr. Ursula Kriebaum (University of Vienna)
– Dr. Luigi Malferrari (European Commission)
– Dr. Martins Paparinskis (University College London)
– Dr. Tim Maxian Rusche (European Commission)
– Prof. Dr. Stephan Schill (University of Amsterdam)